One century of military vehicles
In 1892, René Panhard and Emile Levassor founded the automobile industry.
In 1904, the French Army received its first Panhard-Genty armoured cars. Since then, the Panhard name has been closely liked to all operations carried out by the Army. The AMD-178, the EBR, the AML-60/90 and now the Sagaie and the VBL, have impressed generations of crews. The robustness and performance of Panhard have been valued advantages in moments of crisis, for the foreign armies.
The other branch of Panhard General Defense goes back to 1984 with the creation of Auverland by François Servanin, which has sold more than 9,500 military vehicles in France and 40 other countries.
Since January 2006, the activities of the two firms have been combined to form the Panhard General Defense company which enables it to offer a full range of combat and support vehicles.